Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Tips & tricks - NAVER app


As I’ve moved around the cities of Korea, there are some things I’ve noticed that make the life for Koreans a lot easier and smoother but yet doesn’t do the same for foreigners. I’m here to share one my favourite tip I’ve learned and hope it’s as useful for you, too!

Koreans are becoming more and more multi-interactional, using their smartphones and applications for many things. But for that quite often we’re forced to download different apps, because we’re used to have the programs separately. But what if you only download one app and use it for everything you need?

NAVER app proved to be quite useful! Even if it’s in Korean, there’s a dictionary to help you along. Only thing required for that is purchased data or wifi spots. And of course, a smartphone.

* click on the microphone next to the search bar

Code scanner*
코드

-      Useful everywhere, especially for bus times. There are bus stops with interactive time table but then there are ones what not. Instead of looking up for the bus schedule, you can scan the QR code on the bus sign and it’ll tell you how far the bus you’re waiting for is!

Music*
음악

-      I enjoyed myself the other day, sitting down in a café with a healthy drink and checking the credibility of the app. It recognized music so fast and easily, to my astonishment I could learn a lot of new foreigner and Korean songs.

Japanese/Kanji*
일본어/한자

-      As a Japanese language learner, I find this quite useful but sometimes difficult to handle. Especially if you’re interested in recognizing the kanji fast and easily. It translates the words into Korean, it is up to you how you use that information.

There are much more things to do, but I leave the fun of exploring into your hands!


No comments:

Post a Comment